1. I truly hope everyone had a special mother's day. I hosted a brunch at my home and was surrounded by all the women that played a role in my upbringing. My son is now 8 and we find ourselves often staring at each other with our own smirks that ironically mirror each other. It gets me EVERYTIME because in a matter of seconds, he cracks and just buries his face in my chest and gives me the biggest hug ever! :) These special moments he and I share are what comes to mind when I viewed Mr. MVP Kevin Durant's acceptance speech excerpt addressing his mom. Most have seen this already but, if you happen to be one that missed it, check it out here.
2. I've used IKEA in numerous room remodels. I love modern design and for those on a budget, IKEA is one of the best options out there. Although credit was not given to the Swedish brand, this "fascinating" home remodel on Freshome.com features many IKEA pieces throughout and done in THE MOST tasteful way. I've counted 5 rooms that have IKEA represented, leave your comments and let me know if you see them as well.
3. Zagat publishes the Best Cuban Bakeries in Miami! I confess, I've been to Gilbert's one time too many...it's the kinda bakery totally worthy of going out of your way for. :)
4. Is this the future of air travel? Boutique hotels in the sky...hhmmm. Design is everything!
5. Forbes mag list 4 Ways to Utilize Twitters New Profile to Build Your Brand.
6. Artwork adds character to any space. Sometimes, people find modern design a bit too "cold" and one of the best ways to enhance the feel of a room is through the placement of art. Houzz publishes a piece titled "The Beauty of Contrast: Adding Traditional Art in Contemporary Spaces". On your next project, be expressive and explore the options. Pay attention to framing, lighting, placement...they all play a role.
7. I'm a minimalist that struggles with letting things go sometime. It's a double-edged sword. However, I recently tried this de-cluttering suggestion found on Apartment Therapy and actually like it. Check it out and let me know if it works for you.
8. Yep, Miami has a Fashion Week and it's a couple days away. If you're in town, I'll be there on Saturday. Check out the schedule here.
9. What is Gluten? It's the latest "thing" to purge your diet of but apparently when asked what it is, there's no easy answer. Do you know? Jimmy Kimmel tries to find out in this very funny video here.
Wishing you all a fabulous week!
~ All Things Taj