I've recently completed a Spring cleaning in my home and - as someone who advocates for wellness in the home - I can't stress enough how light and liberating it feels. Creating a wellness-oriented environment in your home can help promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Here are some simple ways you can incorporate wellness into your home:
1. Natural light: Maximize natural light in your home by opening window treatments during the day. Natural light can improve mood, regulate circadian rhythms, and enhance overall well-being. Linen is on-trend and a timeless option for window coverings in the Spring/Summer months. Check out some of my linen window panel under DRAPES in my Amazon Store here.
2. Indoor plants: Bring nature indoors by incorporating indoor plants into your home. Plants can purify the air, increase oxygen levels, and reduce stress. Choose plants that are easy to care for, such as snake plants, pothos, or succulents. I have several plants in modern statement planters around my home personally. Browse some of my favorite planters under PLANTS in my Amazon Store here.
3. Calming colors: Use soothing colors for your walls, furniture, and decor. Soft tones of blues, greens, and neutrals create a calming ambiance and promote relaxation. Check out HOME ACCESSORIES and WALL ART in my Amazon Store here for ideas on items you can use to add that relaxing element.
4. Meditation and relaxation spaces: Set up a designated space for meditation, yoga, relaxation and other wellness practices. Fill it with comfortable cushions, soft lighting, and calming scents like lavender or eucalyptus to create a serene space for mindfulness practices.
5. Decluttering: Keep your home tidy and organized to reduce stress and create a sense of calm. Regularly declutter your space, get rid of items that no longer serve you, and create designated storage areas to keep your home clean and clutter-free. If you need a few organizational items for your home, check out ORGANIZATION in my Amazon shop here.
6. Home gym: Create a home gym to make it easy to incorporate physical exercise into your routine. Set up some exercise equipment or create a designated workout area with mats, resistance bands, and weights. We are discussing more and more with clients on the idea of stretching the amenities of the home gym to be so much more, we are now designing Wellness Rooms. Such a space accommodates fitness as well as meditation and relaxation, schedule a discovery call here to explore ways we can assist.
7. Healthy kitchen: Stock your kitchen with fresh, whole foods and create a space that encourages healthy eating habits. Keep your pantry and refrigerator organized and filled with nutritious options to support your well-being. I have loads of helpful items for ORGANIZATION in my Amazon shop here.
8. Comfortable sleep environment: Create a cozy and comfortable sleep environment in your bedroom. Invest in a good-quality mattress and pillows, use blackout curtains or blinds to block out excess light, and keep your bedroom clean and clutter-free to promote restful sleep. Check out some of my blackout window panels under DRAPES in my Amazon Store here.
9. Aromatherapy: Use essential oils to create a calming and relaxing atmosphere in your home. You can use a diffuser to disperse essential oils or create your own homemade room sprays or linen sprays for a natural and soothing scent.
10. Technology boundaries: Create boundaries around technology use in your home to promote mental well-being. Set designated times for screen-free activities and create tech-free zones, such as a device-free bedroom, to promote healthy habits and reduce screen time.
Incorporating wellness into your home can create a supportive environment for your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Experiment with different strategies and find what works best for you and your household to create a nurturing space that promotes wellness. For more hands-on guidance for your home, book a virtual consultation here to help you get your home to the level you dreamt it to be.